Reader Submission Terms
By submitting Your Content to me, you agree that you have read, understand and accept the following terms in relation to the content and information (“Your Content”) you will send to Rachel McKinney and With Love, Us (“Rachel McKinney,” “With Love, Us,” or “me,” or "mine," or "I"):
1. Subject to the following provisions, Your Content may be published in any media or format and/or used for journalistic purposes generally. Your Content (including your name and location) may be put into the public domain and it could therefore become generally known and available (including on the internet).
2. Your phone number(s) and email address ('Your Contact Details') will not be published by us, nor will they be used or disclosed for any marketing purposes.
3. Your Contact Details may be used by me to contact you to verify your identity and your answers to the questionnaire and to find out more about this story and your views on it and related stories. I may also use your contact details to contact you about unrelated stories, but only if you've agreed that I may do so.
4. You agree that:
You are legally responsible for Your Content.
Your Content is not false or libelous and does not infringe the privacy, data protection or confidentiality rights of any third party.
Your Content does not plagiarize or otherwise infringe any third party copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights or similar rights. For example, you must not submit to me any photos, drawings or any recordings of any type unless you are the copyright owner or have the relevant consent of the copyright owner.
Your Content is truthful and not misleading. It relates to your own genuine personal experiences and/or is based upon your own knowledge.
Your Content is not hateful (including without limitation in relation to race, religion or sexual orientation), harassing, malicious, profane, discriminatory, obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, prejudicial to any active court proceedings or encouraging of violence or criminal action, does not breach any court orders, and is not otherwise unlawful.
Your Content does not amount to commercial speech or advertising or amount to an investigation by you and you have clearly and truthfully disclosed your interests in the subject matter (including any potential or actual conflicts of interest) and Your Content.
Your Content does not impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status.
Your Content is not technically harmful (including, without limitation, viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct).
5. You retain any copyright you may have in Your Content. By submitting Your Content to me, you grant me a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, copy, host, index, cache, tag, encode, edit, transmit, adapt, modify, publish, translate, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works from, make available, communicate and distribute Your Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. By submitting Your Content, you warrant that you have the right to grant this license. The license is capable of sub-license by us to other entities and brands in our group as well as third parties.
6. To the extent permitted by law, you waive your moral rights (e.g. the right to be identified as author or to object to derogatory treatment) in Your Content
7. I may edit, add to, remove or otherwise amend Your Content (or any part of it) in any way as I see fit in our sole discretion for journalistic purposes (for example without limitation we may edit Your Content for length and style and/or use it for or incorporate it in related stories). I may do any of these things whether or not Your Content has been published. I am not obliged to do any of these things and I may not.
8. You agree to my general Terms of Service.